October 08, 2010

I'm officially the worst blogger ever.

It's been a long time..sorry about that! Happy October! 

I have no idea what's going on, but I may be done with peachy lipsticks/glosses/blush for now. I'm all about the pinks right now. I've also been sporting darker shades on my lips instead of my usual peachy nudes. 
I finally managed to score a Chanel Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle. I also bought a Rouge Allure lip gloss in 'Imaginaire' which is such a pretty pink. 

(Rouge Allure in Imaginaire and Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle) 


Below are some (terribly blurry) swatches. On the left is Mademoiselle by itself. The middle swatch is Mademoiselle with Imaginaire. On the right is the Imaginaire by itself. 




Here are some of the products I bought while I was MIA:

Out of the above products, here's what I like and what I feel I should have skipped:

LOVING:
  • Sephora fan brush #43 
  • MAC blush in Pink Swoon (sorry, I didn't realize it was hidden by the fan brush)
  • bareMinerals all-over face color in Rose Radiance
  • LAVANILA Vanilla Grapefruit EDP
  • Lorac Perfectly Lit powder in Spotlight
  • Korres lip butters (If you missed out on MAC's lipstick in 'Most Popular' get the Korres lip butter in Wild Rose!)

SHOULD HAVE SKIPPED:
  • Hourglass Oxygen mineral foundation powder in No. 3 (save the $50...I'm pretty sure I bought this for the packaging)
  • Benefit Posie Tint 
  • MAC blush in Dollymix 
  • MAC bronzing Powder in Golden 
  • Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer in Hula Hula
  • Clinique true bronze pressed powder bronzer in Sunkissed
  • Clinique blushing blush powder in Precious Posy 
  • YSL Rouge Volupte in #13 

None of the products on the 'should have skipped' list are bad. I actually don't mind any of them but they rarely get used. I've just got so many other products that I love much, much more. 

Hope you're all doing well and if you're in school right now, I hope it isn't getting too stressful! 
I've missed you girls! 


xx
Elise


2 comments:

Beverley said...

the pink looks amazing on you! i've been wanting to wear darker lip shades, but i haven't found one yet! any suggestions??

Elise said...

Alice- Thank you! I've missed it haha

Beverley- Thanks! Chanel has a great selection of reds and pinks (and I'm loving how moisturizing the Rouge Coco is). I love NARS lipstick in Dolce Vita. If you are looking for something a bit more sheer, try the Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey. For the drugstore, I really like the Revlon lipsticks (Berry Rich is amazing for a darker lip).